In fact, I'd say this accurately describes my life right now... (and yes, I got this on Pinterest.)
I'm going to make an effort this summer to actually USING these great things I'm pinning...that way I can justify wasting so much time pinning stuff :)
Here are a few of my Pinterest success stories so far...
On Pinterest, I found a recipe for Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken. (Click here for the recipe)
Next up....no bake energy bites! Click here for the recipe.
This is a healthy treat! You can vary the recipe...next time I make it, I want to try putting cocoa in it to make a chocolate version :) These are pretty good! Not my absolute favorite, but pretty yummy, and the fact that they are healthy makes them even better!
Last up....DIY cleaning solution (click here) made with vinegar and Dawn dish soap
A year ago I spent a day doing some heavy-duty cleaning in our apartment. I was using a few different kinds of cleaners, plus I was using paint thinner to remove labels off of some of my jars. I guess all of the chemicals I was exposing myself to made me get some eczema on both of my hands. I've never had that happen before, so I was hoping it would go away, but no luck. It's still there. It's not bad, but it flares up when I'm cleaning or if I've used a lot of hand sanitizer that day (this happens at school). Now when I clean, I have to make sure I wear rubber gloves so my eczema doesn't flare up.
So...when I came across this homemade cleaning solution, I was excited! It is made with white vinegar and Dawn dish soap. That's it! And it works AMAZINGLY well! I sprayed it on the shower, let it sit for awhile, and then wiped it down with a sponge and the soap scum came right off! I used it on the sink faucet and it looked brand new when I was done! AND so far my eczema hasn't flared up from it.
I love Pinterest.




3 comments:
I've been keeping away from Pinterest because I waste enough time on the internet already. I'm glad you use it so I can steal your ideas.
I am totally wanting to get into the homemade cleaners....cheaper and better for your health and the environment.,..thanks for sharing! I will have to make that chicken, too! Yay for easy recipes!
I love pinterest! It is a good thing they have an app or I'd be carrying around my computer all day! Lol!
Post a Comment