Went to work and a co-worker had made a trifle for my birthday and brought it to lunch for the first grade teachers to share. K and this trifle was absolutely delicious and was FAT FREE. Who knew that something fat free could taste so good!
After work I got back to my apartment and it was COVERED in birthday decorations. Streamers everwhere, probably about 50 balloons on the floor and my room was covered in about 3 bags of that shiny grass stuff that you put in easter baskets. Everytime I walked around in my room, GLOBS of shiny grass would stick on the bottoms of my feet and I would trail into the other rooms of the apartment. I keep finding it in random places...like my drawers, in my sink cupboard and somehow it even got inside a pair of my pants. Also waiting for me, was a birthday package from my parents! A shirt, a piano book I've been wanting, a bracelet, a book, AND my favorite gift...a plane ticket home in a few weeks! Yay!!! So excited to use that gift!

After that, it was time to clean up, run to the store, and get things ready for my birthday party! There were probably about 30 people there. The party was GOOD TIMES! My friend Kimi knows about my dream to be the next Hannah Montana. So she made me a singer cake (see pic posted at the beginning). It even had a microphone on it. She's pretty much the best cake decorator ever. My best friends were there, lots of friends I hadn't seen for awhile were there, and people I had never met that I made new friends with were there!
Presents I got: Gift card from Maren, CD from Eric, Life-sized disney coloring posters from Kimi (haha, that was funny to open) and my roommates chipped in and got me a 4 gigabyte ipod shuffle to go running with.
Here are the highlights of the party: Kirsten's baby. Balloon faces. Biting hampsters. Balloons in the pool (they were floating in the pool waterfall when I went to work the next day, haha) Guitar Hero, Zac giving me a heart attack (people covered him with balloons then called me over...I thought he was asleep. Then he jumped up and scared me) Trent carrying Doug in his arms...it was his birthday gift to me.
But if you think that's where the fun stopped then you are wrong. Dead wrong. Because the next day my roommates took me to applebees for a birthday dinner. Yum! Hurray for birthdays!
No comments:
Post a Comment